Next Time Dont Tell Me To Go Break A Leg.... Or Arm

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

Well we started the day going around checking out new locations, then we ended up going to Purse. The teeth were everywhere!!!! We got there at 1pm and no one was there, after about 3 hours i found that breaking the ice was the best way to find the teeth!!! you would lift up the thin ice and under it would sit 10 teeth per square foot!!! So I figured I would pick up all the nice teeth and crack the most ice I can at first then go back for the other stuff, I ended with 2 really nice otodus teeth and some awsome sand tigers, everything else was still sitting there, then I hear my dad say we are leaving!!!! So I go crazy, the more i rushed the more cuts I would get on my hands from the ice, I had 100 yards of teeth just sitting there for me, i would say 70 were over 1"!!! Dad was no where in site and the sun almost down I left!!!! The teeth were there for someone else..... not how i would have liked to end the day. Or maybe I could have stopped there. I began to rush down the beach to catch up with my dad, then I made it to a tree that had fallen over and was 7 feet up, so when I stood on it I was 13 feet up...... and there was ice on the tree..... so i slipped, fell 13 feet landing on my arm, the ground is large rocks.... So I thought my arm was broken! To add I hit my head on the rocks and sprained my ankle, not fun. I finally catch my dad who helps me get to the car and we got out of there. Here are the finds.

post-17-1232344772_thumb.jpg

post-17-1232344805_thumb.jpg

That is a he!! of a lot of teeth, way to go!! Mind if I give ya a call if I ever make it down that way.

Hope your not to sore in the morning!

Wow ! Awesome! Super cool! It must have been heaven. Sorry you fell, hope you are alright. Mom and myself found a spot like that today, we were on our hands and knees finding shark tooth after shark tooth, after a while i started not picking up the not so perfect ones. Im usually the one having to drag my mom out as the sun sets. Anyway glad to see your haul hope your feeling better.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Guest bmorefossil
That is a he!! of a lot of teeth, way to go!! Mind if I give ya a call if I ever make it down that way.

Hope your not to sore in the morning!

yep i always have a blast when i fossil with others, this happened yesterday so im sore today

!!! Thats a lot of wonderful teeth! Congrats.

Looks like exactly what we get at Whiskey Bridge and with the same proportion of Otodus to mako...

Of course we would have to excavate about 1000 pounds of matrix in a "hot" layer in order to get that kind of haul.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"