My Bryozoa Before And After Prep

Drizzt0000

That's a graceful, interesting piece :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

ty i thought it had more under the rock and it did and still has more prep needed to be done but only a little more

Very nice specimen and prep.

That other part (the parallel 'rays') doesn't really look bryozoan to me. Or am I not seeing it right?

Edited by Bullsnake

Steve

That's really neat.

Well done.

Thanks for posting it.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

What a pretty piece! I am becoming more and more fond of bryozoans. You did a great job on the prep. :)

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

Beauty!

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

np everyone still needs alittle more love than it will be done there is still some of it under the rock i need to dig out lol but no time to do it till tonight or tomorrow

Amazing piece. Bryozoans are one of my favorite fossils. I am always awed at the complexity of such a small creature.

Ya it's pretty soft just using an ex pen that I got off line that has a titanium point on it

i need to get the pic taken of it now its done been sick and out fossil hunting btw got a nother bryozoa in rock that im working on cant believe i found another

dude its big too but im not sure if i found one huge one or a bunch of small ones but a layer of it is gone from road side blasting going to try to clean that one this week and ill post my first one in a few minutes when its dry