Need Pictures Of Belemnites

megabass22

Hello all,

I´m writing an ebook about the mesozoic fauna (and possibly flora) from Sweden, and i´m in dire need of good pictures of belemnite fossils, preferably of ones found in Sweden.

I will not be able to pay you (and i plan to release the ebook for free), but i ensure you that you will get full credit if your picture is featured in the book.

/Sebastian

I don't really have any good Swedish belemnites (hope to change that in the summer when I go), but I found these fragments at "Svarte Strand" on the south coast of Sweden. They are not in good condition so probably won't be of much use to you.

post-4683-0-95652800-1397493329_thumb.jpg

They´re better than nothing, i would have waited with the pictures to after my trip to Ignaberga here in Sweden (where i hope to find some belemnites), but i´m planning to have the book pretty much done by then.

The text with the image in the book would be:

Fragment av belemniter hittade på Svarte strand vid Ystad. Bilden tillhör .............. vars privata samling fossilerna kommer ifrån (bilden är använd med tillåtelse).

Which would translate to:

Belemnite fragments found on Svarte Strand near Ystad. The picture belongs to ............ whose private fossil collection includes these specimens (picture used with permission).

(I do not know what you want to be credited as)

PM Sent.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

I'll see what I have.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

• 2 weeks later...

hallo!

A box of Belemnites from Ignaberga Sweden. Some of them are found 50 years ago.

post-11524-0-60988500-1399221863_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I´ve got 9 pages done :I

Really, there was just going to be 1 single page on belemnites with 1 picture of a fossil, but i thank everyone for their submissions :)