Unidentified Fossilized Vertebra

sean

Hello,

I recently bought this fossilized vertebra that I originally thought belonged to a whale, but I'm not too sure now. I got it at a small antique shop and the owner had no information on it, but he personally thought it was from a whale. It is in the shape of a heart with a straight across top instead of being concaved. Can anyone help me figure out what it is? Is it a mastodon or buffalo vertebra?

Dimensions:

4.5" Wide (at widest point)

3.25" Tall (excluding the 3/4" protrusion at the top)

PS: How do I download pictures from a Mac to this site? It's not letting me download my vertebra pictures.

Guest Nicholas

I've never heard of the mac problem before, but it has happened on other forums. perhaps you can use a medium like photobucket.com upload there and then post the image URL or HTML code.

Guest bmorefossil
I've never heard of the mac problem before, but it has happened on other forums. perhaps you can use a medium like photobucket.com upload there and then post the image URL or HTML code.

it could just be a camera problem but if it is a Mac problem you are going to find that using a website is the way to go, the pictures will be really small but at least we will see them