Shark Tooth Action In Charleston Sc!

MakoMeCrazy

A couple friends and I headed down to Charleston SC to hunt the beaches around there. Zachj, and LeeCreek2thHunter (Adrain) and I (Brian) met up with CBK (Cade) to hunt one of his fossil sites. It is a great beach spot and we had a blast hunting together. The shark teeth and other fossils there are all dredged, so they're worn and broken but occasionally you can find a perfect one. Many thanks to CBK for taking us out and hunting with us! Can't wait to make it back down there.

...And check out that little turtle!

post-6564-0-61656600-1397793741_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-89345600-1397793761_thumb.jpg

post-6564-0-06844900-1397793791_thumb.jpg

WOW!

Great video! Lots of cool fossils AND cool wildlife. They are some superb finds, love the Megs and that Horseshoe Crab was unexpected lol.

Very jealous!

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

Sweet! That is an impressive quantity of fossils for one trip. A lot of shamers it's true, but you came away with a few really great specimens as well.

Awesome finds Brian, congrats! :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Awesome trip guys! Some of those teeth are really gorgeous.

I've had some really good luck when I've seen turtles that size on the beaches up here (no joke).

Nice video and finds!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Thank you for taking us on the hunt with you Brian, the video made it seem like we were right there sharing the find.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Sweet! That is an impressive quantity of fossils for one trip. A lot of shamers it's true, but you came away with a few really great specimens as well.

That was a combination of two trips, but thank you!

That was a combination of two trips, but thank you!

Oh, then I take back anything nice I said (only kidding).

I'd be happy to score that much on a score of trips.

-Ken

Oh, then I take back anything nice I said (only kidding).

I'd be happy to score that much on a score of trips.

-Ken

Haha. It was quite a haul for me too. I've never found this much in two days.

Thank you for taking us on the hunt with you Brian, the video made it seem like we were right there sharing the find.

Glad you liked it! I've always drooled over other people's videos when they were out there hunting, so I decided to do the same.

Thanks for posting this Brian! I really enjoyed that trip... hopefully we can do it again sometime. Thanks again Cade for taking us out and hunting!

Holy cow you guys found a lot with Cade! Enjoyed hunting with you guys at the landsite. Sorry it didn't produce for you guys. Going back there tomorrow to try again though!

Thanks man. I'm definitely willing to try your site again! Can't wait to make it back down there. Best of luck!

WOW!

Great video! Lots of cool fossils AND cool wildlife. They are some superb finds, love the Megs and that Horseshoe Crab was unexpected lol.

Very jealous!

I especially liked the turtle that we found. We actually found 2 horse shoe crabs and I even ended up taking them home despite the stench.

I especially liked the turtle that we found. We actually found 2 horse shoe crabs and I even ended up taking them home despite the stench.

I hope you left the turtle. That is a diamondback terrapin, protected species in many places.

Great video and killer teeth. Thanks for sharing!

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

Wow. What a great haul and video. I'm going to have to remember this thread the next time I'm stuck on travel and can't hunt so that I can get my hunting fix from the video. Thanks!

I hope you left the turtle. That is a diamondback terrapin, protected species in many places.

Well of course we did. Not only that, it's extremely difficult to match it's habitat at home and it probably would have ended up dying if we took it home.