'hobbit' Skull Study Finds Hobbit Is Not Human

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

ScienceDaily (Jan. 20, 2009) — In a an analysis of the size, shape and asymmetry of the cranium of Homo floresiensis, Karen Baab, Ph.D., a researcher in the Department of Anatomical Scienes at Stony Brook University, and colleagues conclude that the fossil, found in Indonesia in 2003 and known as the “Hobbit,” is not human.

This is further evidence to help support another advanced hominid species, I've been following this debate quite closely. It directly relates to my field and my passion for fossils and in fact this is the very find which opened me to Anthropology. If anyone can get a paper on these findings and post it I would appreciate it.

Find the article HERE!

Guest Nicholas
that is pretty interesting, have you ever seen the documentaries on this skull?

No but I've read a lot of literature on it, back in my archaeology class days in high school.

Guest bmorefossil
No but I've read a lot of literature on it, back in my archaeology class days in high school.

ok well they play it alot on tv maybe you will get to see it one day.

Guest Nicholas
ok well they play it alot on tv maybe you will get to see it one day.

Canadian science channels blow, becuase of the Canadian content television laws I miss out on a lot of good programing. Like all those series which were on BBC which were paleontology related... I might see them in a few years time.