Chandler Bridge Fun!

Hawkeye

My son and I took a trip to Summerville, SC this past weekend. We were hoping to meet up with Haizahnjager of the Forum but it was not to be. Maybe next time. We were very successful despite my back giving out after only a few hours. My son's best tooth is posted over in the "Kid's best finds" thread, he was very proud. I found quite a few shamers and a few good makos. The warn meg is a tad over 2 inches and it is my first one.

Here are a few of my bigger teeth

post-757-1232491036_thumb.jpg

Here are the rest of the whole teeth. As usual, this creek is Hemipristis Heaven. I also found a nice piece of turtle shell with a few intact scutes, a porpoise tooth? and some meg chunks.

post-757-1232491170_thumb.jpg

This is my favorite find, right on the surface in the middle of the creek. Any ID help would be greatly appreciated, I know nothing about the class Echinoideae. The size is approximately 1 inch.

post-757-1232491395_thumb.jpg

To all of you dial-up people out there, I'm sorry.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Great Finds, I love the hemis! :D Did you manage to get any site photos of the locality, and if you did, it would be great if I could put it in the Fossil Wiki

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

Great Finds, I love the hemis! :D Did you manage to get any site photos of the locality, and if you did, it would be great if I could put it in the Fossil Wiki

Sorry, no site pictures of the locality. It's a drainage canal that has as much glass and garbage as shark teeth. There are much better places to hunt in Summerville than this one but this is the only one that I know about so far.

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...

Guest bmorefossil
Sorry, no site pictures of the locality. It's a drainage canal that has as much glass and garbage as shark teeth.

sounds like the bay

Sorry, no site pictures of the locality. It's a drainage canal that has as much glass and garbage as shark teeth. There are much better places to hunt in Summerville than this one but this is the only one that I know about so far.

It's ok ^_^

Tha tighin fodham, fodham, fodham!

Nice finds! Love the teeth.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Archived