Looking Inside Baltic Amber:

Rodney

Microscopic view at around 100x of some type of clusters of possibly seeds or eggs that were captured inside this ancient baltic resin. I haven`t been able to find another picture to compare these inclusions with so I can only ponder what they are.

Rodney, Ga USA

post-4121-0-66114200-1398027278_thumb.gif

Cool! At first I thought part of it was an enhydro, but I'm not sure what ya have. :popcorn:

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

I think the pearly/silvery "seeds" are air bubbles. The identity of the textured sheet is a mystery.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I`m not sure what an textured sheet is but the sample is amber, the inclusions are not air bubbles that I can tell because they have what looks like a outer woody crust or some defined sack around the seed. I have looked at these samples a lot.

Rodney

I agree with Auspex. These look like some object with round, curled tendrils or legs that trapped bubbles of air.

Stephen

OK good, could the curled tendrils be a microbe stage of some type of early plant development that was trapped in this ancient resin??

Rodney

post-4121-0-89235100-1398730944_thumb.gif