Did It! Some Picts Of Small Tooth And Other Stuff

barefootgirl

Still trying to get the camera all figured out but here are a few picts. Everything is new except the crytalized baculite. I have two of them now found another back at christmas. Still not sure that big cone thing is a tooth. There is one arrowhead in between the teeth that I found but the corner is broken off. The yellow crytal is one of the septarian nodules that my daughter found. The weird yellow thing is what I was hoping was amber but am now thinking is just chalcedony.

post-1082-1232514330_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514386_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514416_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514438_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514495_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514559_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514613_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514675_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514707_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514733_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514773_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514863_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514899_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514934_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514969_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514998_thumb.jpg

post-1082-1232514629_thumb.jpg

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Wow

That piece of rock beside the sharkteeth looks exactly like a sharkteeth :P

I had that same problem saturday. I grabbeb one after the other piece of rock that looked like a teeth. <_<

Gr Jeroen

Wow

That piece of rock beside the sharkteeth looks exactly like a sharkteeth :P

I had that same problem saturday. I grabbeb one after the other piece of rock that looked like a teeth. <_<

Gr Jeroen

Looks like you had a good trip. Not sure if that large one is a tooth. That small one your daughter found is one small tooth! Looks like she has a good eye. Look foreward to morepics. with the new camera!

Looks like you had a good trip. Not sure if that large one is a tooth. That small one your daughter found is one small tooth! Looks like she has a good eye. Look foreward to morepics. with the new camera!

Yeah Im not convinced either. When I found it i almost threw it back down but i went ahead and put it in my pocket. When i was leaving I ran into a guy and started showing him what I had found. He is the one who told me it was a tooth. He then proceeded to show me his tooth that looked alot like horned coral or something not tooth like. His wife then proceeded to tell me about the giant petrified salamanders that were down there in the bottom of the river that someone came along and broke all to pieces. I wont even go into the other stuff the wife said :wacko: Any way it wont hurt me if its not.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Wow! That is a small tooth. How on earth did you spot it?

I have the perfect gem jar to keep it in if you want.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

Thats exactly what we have it in. Now my daughter wants to know if I can have it made into a necklace.

Alfred North Whithead

Ahhh, I can't remember when I could spot something that small.

Nice tooth!!

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Thats exactly what we have it in. Now my daughter wants to know if I can have it made into a necklace.

Considering its size, perhaps a ring would be more appropriate. ;)

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

yeah really. I could place it in a mold and pour some type of clear resin over it!

Alfred North Whithead

Hi all!

Barefootgirl... Those are very nice pics indeed for someone who is still getting used to their camera. I'm still getting used to mine too...

I love the baculites! They're incredible. Wish we could find crystalline ones like that over here... They almost look like they've been replaced with quartz, but I assume it must be calcite...?

Thanks for sharing!

Gethin :)

"We try not to use the word insane, we prefer the term mentally hilarious... "

Hi all!

Barefootgirl... Those are very nice pics indeed for someone who is still getting used to their camera. I'm still getting used to mine too...

I love the baculites! They're incredible. Wish we could find crystalline ones like that over here... They almost look like they've been replaced with quartz, but I assume it must be calcite...?

Thanks for sharing!

Gethin :)

I agree with Gethin -- good job with the images! You are a quick study, barefootgirl.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Thank you.

Oh and if anyone knows what kinda shark that small tooth came from my little one would like to know. She keeps asking me what people are saying about it. She like a proud momma with a new baby.

Alfred North Whithead

Hey can anyone tell Cierra and myself if that big thing she is holding in the picts is a real tooth or not? I bet her 5$ bucks its not and she thinks it is. She's gambling her allowance for the week.

Alfred North Whithead

Guest bmorefossil
Hey can anyone tell Cierra and myself if that big thing she is holding in the picts is a real tooth or not? I bet her 5$ bucks its not and she thinks it is. She's gambling her allowance for the week.

lol thats not very nice ill have a close look at it but from what I saw it did not look like a tooth sorry Cierra )=

ok are you ready for the answer, its not a tooth. It is a cool looking rock so that makes up fro something

Mamma got five dollar. Momma got five dollar. HEHEHEHEHE

Thanks Bmore! By the way I hope you don't meet my daughter anytime soon. :D

Alfred North Whithead

Guest bmorefossil
Mamma got five dollar. Momma got five dollar. HEHEHEHEHE

Thanks Bmore! By the way I hope you don't meet my daughter anytime soon. :D

ha what did you mean by that? :P^_^

She believes in killing the messenger. She is also a sore looser.

Alfred North Whithead

Great photo's of some great finds, I whish I could go out bone collecting right now

after seeing what you found, but I know all I would come back with is snow :D

Well pack up and come on down its supposed to be 70 tomorrow and around 78 on Friday. Well have a big ol fossil party at the Sulphur.

Alfred North Whithead

Guest bmorefossil
She believes in killing the messenger. She is also a sore looser.

well i told her is a nice looking rock, and i said i was sorry lol, i guess that does not mean much to her -_-

well i told her is a nice looking rock, and i said i was sorry lol, i guess that does not mean much to her -_-

I forgive you :P . Can i borrow 5 bucks :D

Alfred North Whithead