Mexico Seizes Largest Batch Of Fossils

Guest Nicholas

This guy was selling more fossils than the Mexican museums had... I wonder what the quality was?

Find the article HERE!

so is fossil selling illegal in mexico? how about collecting? see, my family wants to go to mexico in the summer but i want to make sure we go somewhere i can get me some fossils!

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. ~ E. B. White

Guest bmorefossil

"Mexican authorities revealed that they recovered 389 fossiles"

well guys guess im gonna change my user name, now im bmorefossile (=

Guest Nicholas

There are loads of countries it is illegal to sell or export fossils without a considerable amount of difficulty. China comes to mind.

so is fossil selling illegal in mexico? how about collecting? see, my family wants to go to mexico in the summer but i want to make sure we go somewhere i can get me some fossils!

All fossils in Mexico belong to Mexico. You cannot take fossils out of Mexico, legally.

Without a name of the guilty party, will this not give a bad name to all people who collect.

Guest solius symbiosus
"Mexican authorities revealed that they recovered 389 fossiles"

... and this is what Mexican authorities think constitutes a museum??? <shakes head in disbelief>

probably was one of tracer's radical, ill-considered comments here and he came to his senses and edited it out, would be my guess. he's such a bot at times.

All fossils in Mexico belong to Mexico. You cannot take fossils out of Mexico, legally.

All your fossils are belong to Mexico, señor.

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

Wow, that's sad :( It's a shame certian countries don't allow trade or selling of fossils.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

(INAH announced that it will send an exhibition of the trove of fossils around the country so that the public can view the items. FEE)

Well, at least the Mexican government officials will get to turn a profit out of this for themselves.... I mean the good of the common people.

Brian Evans

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

(INAH announced that it will send an exhibition of the trove of fossils around the country so that the public can view the items. FEE)

Well, at least the Mexican government officials will get to turn a profit out of this for themselves.... I mean the good of the common people.

What a load of snarge. So the guy went out and collected enough fossils on his own, unaided, unfunded to indicate that there once was a seas where there was thought to be plains? Shows what a bang-up effing job the Mexican government is doing on their own in the field.

Of course, the Mexican government doesn't do anything well, with the possible exception of extortion, aiding and abetting drug traffickers and printing pamphlets explaining how people can arrive in the US illegally and siphon social services off the taxpayers.

/off soapbox

the governments do a great job keeping the fossils off our display shelves, but can't keep the pot and pills out of our kids hands! :faint: