Tennessees Pride

This is a bone i recovered right at the Sardis/Demopolis contact about 4 years ago. It seems to have been right at the upper Sardis, and immediately below contact. I've always thought it unusual for it to be of a whitish color. 5 of the 6 confirmed Dinosaurian bones that have been found in Tennessee were supposed to have been found in the same area of the contact...and true enough, lots of those D-bones were of a whitish color...also several of the frags found with them. Another thing remarkable about this bone is it's density! For it's size, it's so heavy that i've actually questioned if it had a hollow place in it for marrow.....strange....makes me think it possibly may be a very thick bone because it had to support great weight or something=toe bone? Anyways, ihad it looked at once and was told there was to much missing for a sound i.d. to be made....to me however, it appears there may well be enough still there for a reasonable i.d. I was thinking the basic overall shape to be pretty much the way it looked originally....ofcourse there is missing bone, but to me, the "front" pointed part is original, and still discernable....you can still see a bit of outside surface in that spot (in my opinion). Also also the sides, it appears here and there, there is original surface bone still detectable. The back has been "munched" pretty good, & appears to even have predation marks, but you can still clearly make out a socket area, what i will be calling the "bottom" area, may be missing some that if there, would have gave it a slightly different appearance....because i can't make out a surface bone texture there in any spot. I truly hope somebody can i.d. this, cause i personally think it may be a somewhat rare find....what do you think?

post-14571-0-32548500-1399689643_thumb.jpg

post-14571-0-69228900-1399689767_thumb.jpg

post-14571-0-52319600-1399689878_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

tennesseespride@gmail.com

Side profile.

post-14571-0-44708900-1399690085_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

The other side profile.

post-14571-0-59552700-1399690301_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

Another view of the back...showing socketed area.

post-14571-0-21741200-1399690589_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

What i am calling the "bottom" area...

post-14571-0-88817600-1399690926_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

I just went and picked the bone up and looked to make sure...it appears to me there is a minor bit of surface area on the bottom of the bone also....in the photo of the post previous to this one, it is in the upper portion alittle above center, and kinda looks like a small white patch in the pic...

--- Joshua

A above view.

post-14571-0-42237200-1399691608_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

Perhaps a better above view.

post-14571-0-54108900-1399691845_thumb.jpg

--- Joshua

To me, the best above views are in post #1, because you can better make out the contour in those pics. The straight "above" views make it look somewhat flat, and it's only flat surface is what i was calling the "bottom" view.

--- Joshua