Is This A Crocodilian? Found It In 20 Mile Creek

lfailla

I'm posting both sides to see if that helps to identify. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Laura

post-15241-0-17134600-1399768382_thumb.jpg

post-15241-0-54500800-1399768532_thumb.jpg

I think I've figured it out - Enchodus sp. ( the sabre-toothed fish of the Cretaceous)

a very worn phosphatic element, either bone or the root of a tooth? I don't see enchodus here

It may be a cast fossil from a gastropod. But it's hard to tell from the pics. I don't see a tooth though.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

I've never hunted the 20 Mile Creek, but i know all of the cast fossils i find from gastropods from the Peace look similar. But this could also be Turtle dermal or a Turtle/Tortoise shell frag. Again, im not too sure what is found there. But given if it is "boney material" it wouldn't be a tooth.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

bony structure as at the base of a tooth, enchodus is a good example but this doesn't look like one

Archived