Echinoid's Visit

MB

i like it! regular echinoids always look so tasty. have your friends come visit me. nobody's every given me anything but bills.

Great pics, MB! A very intricate cap.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

MB:

That is one huge Salenia prestensis at 2cm! The specimens of Leptosalenia grasi and Leptosalenia prestensis that I have from Morella, Spain are only 10 to 15 mm diameter. The only Salenia spp. in my collection that approach that size are some of the Salenia texana from the Glen Rose in central Texas. Very nice!

Regards,

Mike

MB:

That is one huge Salenia prestensis at 2cm! The specimens of Leptosalenia grasi and Leptosalenia prestensis that I have from Morella, Spain are only 10 to 15 mm diameter. The only Salenia spp. in my collection that approach that size are some of the Salenia texana from the Glen Rose in central Texas. Very nice!

Regards,

Mike

Hi all, thanks for your answers.

Mike, this one comes from the Morella zone as well, and my buddy told me: "Alex, I give you this one because I have another two ones even larger than this one ..." :blink:

Large Leptosalenias are knows by us but they are very scarces, the usual size are, like you said, 1 or 1,5 cm maximum.

Best wishes

:)