My Travels Through Time…day 1 The Cretaceous

obsessed1

My much awaited trip was finally about to start. 3:30AM..As I walked out to my car I noticed the thermometer read 5 degrees. I couldn’t wait to get to my destination and the warmer temps. The miles rolled by..100..200..300 then I saw the North Carolina state border sign. Still I drove south. I was getting closer to my first stop, a Cetaceous spot in near the South Carolina border. As I pulled off the side of the road I saw ice in the ditch..How could it be? Just then the radio gave the local conditions…it was still 22 degrees. The water was frigid as I dug and sifted. Then in my screen I saw a nicely colored Crow shark tooth. Then a while later a first for me.. a cephalic claspers from a Hybodont shark. Then to round out the day a nice Ischyrhiza mira tooth that would later measure 1 5/8”, my biggest to date! My fingers were frozen by now so back in the car and south I drove again. A couple hours later I arrived at a friend’s house not far from my Saturday destination.. Lafarge. A warm meal and some sleep were just what I needed for my next day’s hunt! Thanks for the hospitality!!

post-281-1232922572_thumb.jpg My better finds

post-281-1232922759_thumb.jpg Ischyrhiza mira tooth

post-281-1232922592_thumb.jpg Gobblin Shark

post-281-1232922603_thumb.jpg Fish crusher plate

post-281-1232922610_thumb.jpg Crow shark

post-281-1232922616_thumb.jpg Hybodont clasper

Very nice. I like the crow shark tooth.

How much time did you spend looking?

RAWR! I am zeee dead bobcat!

Very nice. I like the crow shark tooth.

How much time did you spend looking?

I collected for 1 1/2 hours at this site. I wish I had been able to stay longer.