Sign in to follow this  
Grimboots

Haddonfield

Grimboots

Good morning,

I'll be traveling from my hometown in New Jersey to Philadelphia a few times over this weekend. On a trip earlier this week, I noticed a sign for Haddonfield. Now, I won't have time for any hunting but I was wondering my brothers and sisters to the north knew of anything in that area I could show my wife and two year old son if we had time. If I recall there is a statue of Haddy in the citizen somewhere, but anything else?

Any advice would be helpful!

Edited by Grimboots

Plax

the stream gravels have the tiny exogyrid Amphidonte and an occasional bit of vertebrate material or crab, well preserved early campanian aragonitic mollusks (Woodbury Formation) are exposed in the banks upstream but this is in folks back yards so not ideal (actually off-limits) for collecting, worth a look for sure, been at least 25 years since I was there

squali

At the end of Maple Avenue (North of Grove street) is the commemorative site of Hadrosaurus foulki. also known as Haddy.

The actual marl pit was landfilled in the earlier part of the last century. The site has a collection of dino figurines left by devotees.

The creek below occasionally gives up some worn material but as Plax said digging is prohibited.

The Statue is down town on the west side of Kings Hwy. Mr. E.D. Cope also resided in town while touring South Jersey marl pits.