Unidentified Fossil Dinosaur Teeth

MarcusFossils

Hi everyone,

A few years age, I inherited my fathers extensive collection of stuff. These three teeth were in it, and I'm not sure what they are.

post-15490-0-84754800-1402067644_thumb.png

(From left to right, dromaeosaurus, albertosaurus, hadrosaur?)I'm quite certain they are from cretaceous of montana or western canada.

Does anyone know the genus/family these come from?
Other than the sentimental value, does anyone know what these are worth?

Are there any laws against having these if they were collected in the 1970's?

Many thanks to anyone who answers!

Edited by MarcusFossils

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.”

Edgar Allan Poe

The first item in the picture is a claw. Th ether two I beleive are correct. If they were collected in Montana then there is no issue with selling them. If they are from Canada then you would need to prove they were collected when they were then get a disposition from the government to sell. I do not know what they are worth as I do not buy or sell fossils.

• I found this Informative 1

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

Just let me add that the TFF does not do appraisals. The claw is missing the front and back end so its value is very low. The larger tooth depending on which formation it was found may not be Albertosaurus but another large theropod. Its condition is also not good being broken in several spots with poor enamel. I cannot see the serrations which influences condition and value. The hadrosaur tooth looks nice but that species typically does not command much.

• I found this Informative 1

Could you post a picture of the other side of the claw? Can you also post pics of its cross-section thru the break in the back and a dorsal and ventral view?

I will do that, hxmendoza. May I ask what exactly you are looking for?

Edited by MarcusFossils

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.”

Edgar Allan Poe

• 1 month later...