San Antonio Glen Rose Finds

Piedras_de_Tejas

Not much of a story-teller, so here are my better finds from my first trip to the glen rose formation (said to be the salenia zone) :) Whole gastropods and crushed heart urchins littered the ground all around the exposure, but i was particularly interested in a very ornate regular echinoid i'd never seen in person before, Leptosalenia Texana!

My better finds: gastropods, neithea, tube worms, heart urchins, leptosalenia, porocystis algae balls, bivalve casts, and some oyster bits.

post-15435-0-49648800-1402206158_thumb.png

My Leptosalenia:

post-15435-0-31757900-1402206161_thumb.png

An unkown gastropod (?) covered in tube worms:

post-15435-0-90436500-1402206155_thumb.png

And my bonus, two small coenholectypus approx. 10mm across

post-15435-0-83941600-1402206174_thumb.png

Cameron C. B)

"The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing" - Albert Einstein

Most of the pieces are uncleaned or just partially cleaned. I'm entirely new to fossil cleaning and prep so i'll see if i can make any difference, haha.

Here're some pics of unknown fossils of the same formation i just posted to the ID forums here: http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/47175-san-antonioglen-rose-coral-burrows/

post-15435-0-84366100-1402206792_thumb.png

post-15435-0-51384900-1402206795_thumb.png

Cameron C. B)

"The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing" - Albert Einstein

Great finds, thanks for sharing---Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

glad that rain freshened up the place for ya

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

the big "donut twist" is nerinea... pretty tasty with a side of serpulid worm tubes!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Thanks for the complements guys, and thanks Dan for the ID. The donut twist was actually a surface find just sitting in a little stream on site. Looks like the place may get another good wash if these storms form a little further north (fingers crossed).

Cameron C. B)

We got some decent rain here today. Perhaps I'll hit the Waco pit Thursday and see what turns up. Rain = good.

Same here. Probably going to hunt some road cuts along the upper glen rose soon, looking for beautiful echs.

Cameron C. B)

Archived