Very Strange And Interesting Cretaceous Amber Inclusion

NZ_Fossil_Collecta

ok so i have just recieved a rough unsearched lot of New Jersey Cretaceous amber, and this particular inclusion caught my eye. at first i thought it could possibly be just a misty part of the amber but no, it definitely has a solid shape. strange round object with a protrusion from the middle that seems to have small hairlike things coming off the protrusion. i've been talking to vermiculosis about this inclusion and he says that it looked fungal at first, but he wasn't sure. if you need better pictures let me know as i'm working on the piece to bring you just that. the inclusion is white and about 1.5-2 mm across. i personally think it is a seed or some kind of fungal object but i couldn't help noticing it is somewhat like a tadpole in shape although that is 1 in a billion chance and the "tail" looks wrong under magnification.

post-13660-0-99979600-1402213942_thumb.jpg

I'm CRAZY about amber fossils and just as CRAZY in general.

Sorry I can't get pics from different angles yet as I've left the polisher up at our other house so sorry about that :(

I will hopefully be able to get a more hi-res shot from the same angle though.

• I found this Informative 1

I'm CRAZY about amber fossils and just as CRAZY in general.

Some type of fungi?

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Looks like a thorn, to me.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me