History Of 21St Century, Serious Paleontology

Firstly-thank you John

This PDF is an explanation of what I hope will become solidly embedded in 21st century building codes. Including archaeology sites. ESP 3rd page

As you probably know by now, I am very concerned with the loss of these very fragile resourses, and would collect fossils from them almost every weekend. My concern with salvaging fossils from the foundation pads of buildings, landed me the first "official" job, and proverbial guinea pig, monitoring these construction sites for museums in the country.

I found many varieties of fossils on site almost every day, all went to those museums. And I have continued donating many many fossils to this day. Over 40 years.

20_Murphey_et_al_FINAL.pdf

Edited by PRK

You're welcome, Paul. There is more than one way to get a PDF attached. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I was under the impression people here liked to read about fossil regulations. And I haven't heard a single response. I don't want this post to be buried yet

Patience, Grasshopper. Thus far, the PDF has been downloaded 18 times; it will have to be read and digested before intelligent, informed comment can be formed.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Have I waited long enough?

Be patient with me, Paul.

I'll have to print it out and read it as I get moments to focus/absorb what I'm reading.

Maybe with only K-12 education my ambitions outweigh my comprehensive ability.

I want to/will read it, though.

Steve

Have I waited long enough?

What are your choices? :P

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Choices? to post or not to post. I'm just trying to keep it from becoming too buried

If you want to have a discussion about the contents of your PDF, then start a discussion about it!

• 1 month later...

I got a paper copy of this a few weeks ago, and it is on my list of things to do at work Alas, I have not read it yet. There's my contribution to not starting a discussion. Sorry.

Now back to work for me.

I read and enjoyed.

I'll start. I think this is an honorable hope, but I don't see it becoming part of building/construction codes. I would love it to, but....

Builders don't care. They want the building up. They have the MONEY so they would fight any legislation that would add cost and time to their process.

Discuss. :D

Crazy, eh. You're right! The project company's have the money, but would prefer to give those large amounts to lawyers, instead of science and preservation of our environment

So much has been lost forever, but these new laws due to public pressure, are finally beggining to work.

Better late than never------I guess!

Note: oh yeah, I should mention , not ALL builders are "lazet fare" about fossils. Some are unaware there are fossils present, and when pointed out, they are actually interested in them.

Edited by PRK