Eos- Peace River Florida

Shellseeker

EOS = end of season. I always push the envelope, going out after the gauges indicate possible stupidity. Last Friday, I switched to my high water locations and pulled out a nice mouth plate for my digging. The current was a little fast and I was digging in water just above my waist.

post-2220-0-63026800-1402946627_thumb.jpg

But today, in the same spot the current was fast and the water was up to my chin. No chance. I then tried a number of different locations, all with the same result. The only excitement was trying to get back into my kayak from 5 feet of water.

I guess it is time to categorize, sort, display my recent finds and do maintenance on my gear, especially the sieves. and go into fossil withdrawal...

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

I applaud your perseverance Jack!

At least you can still hunt construction sites, right?

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Fall will be here before you know it Jack, but I share your pain. The creeks and rivers are my favorite hunting grounds too :)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Jack,

Nice complete puffer mouth plate. You should consider changing your username to "Tenacious J" (nod to Jack Black). Had to grin at the mental image of you raging against the river muttering, "Just one more fossil...."

I hedged against the impending Peace River withdrawal by caching a bucket of Peace River micro-matrix and over 100 pounds of freshly imported (from Illinois) Mazon Creek nodules. I figure that ought to keep me going through the rainy season. Till the river levels return to a less insane level (and the river gods have repopulated the gravel beds) I'll do my hunting "in house" as it were.

It's been a great season in South Florida meeting lots of TFF members. Hoping for an even better season this autumn.

Cheers.

-Ken

Archived