Ceratosaurus

ebrocklds

here are a few pictures of my latest project. casts were made from original material and the remainder was sculpted using reference from most of the other ceratosaur material found. believe it or not there are 5 gallons of filler used to make this final product. casts will be available at and after Tucson 2008.

i would love to hear some critiques, please be mean and honest.

2007121918436909.JPG

2007121918432573.JPG

200712191843941.JPG

2007121918431624.JPG

brock

You are very talented! Awesome specimen!

-----"Your Texas Connection!"------

Fossils: Windows to the past

You did a great job and dang it, I was in the mood to be mean :ahah3: . It looks very professional to me. How long did that pup take to make?

Welcome to the forum!

That is awesome!!! Very nice work.

What kind of filler did you use? It looks like it can't be too heavy. I'm working on a 17' long Xiphactinus and am trying to figure out the weight logistics.

Thanks for the replies.

it has taken me a few months to get it to this point. (i have had help from a friend who i employ) there is about 70% restoration/ sculpture. many of the original elements (casts of course) needed to be expanded as well to match the other elements.

the skull is now cut apart and getting ready to mold. i only have a few weeks to mold the entire piece and get a few casts poured and painted before the show in february.

i like to use light weight automotive filler for larger projects. and for small stuff i use epoxy. even though it is called light weight don't let that fool you. if you notice in the picture i am standing sideways to counter balance the weight just long enough to get a picture!!

brock