Please Help Identify - Big Brook Nj Finds

MartyR

It's great that you got out to the stream. I'm sorry to say though the first 2 pics are most likely the insidious concretions

The third pic looks like the even more insidious modern seed hulls.

Keep looking you've now eliminated most of the pseudo fossils.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Hey Marty.

I can confirm what squali says, the first pics are mineral/rock and the 3rd pic are seedpods.

But, I think you got a keen eye, keep it up. A good friend of mine allways tells me 'its very easy to find a fossil, but it's hard to find a place where you can find them'

Once you got a spot .. they'll be there for you :)

d

Once you get the hang of it, it will become much easier to tell what is fossil and what is not. Even so, many seasoned collectors still take home "maybes" only to throw them out some time later...or even just keep them anyway.

I'm guessing that you did a lot of digging to find that many beech nuts. That tells me that you also found many real fossils and these were just your questions?

I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that the object on the far right in the second photo may be a bone or Pet wood fragment. The others are correctly called out as just various rocks and concretions. Those nuts, and there are others, always show up in first time BB collections. They get heavy andf real hard in that water.