Calvert Cliffs Locations

Hey,

I'm planning a few weekends to go in the field, and already have some great information on Deer Lake and St. Claire.

For the Calvert Cliffs location, is it best we simply go to the state park and walk along the coast? Or are there other accessible areas where people can, and like to go?

A quick search of MGS suggests three potential locations, although I don't know how up-to-date these notes are: (1) Brownies Beach; (2) Matoaka Cottages; and (3) The Calvert Cliffs park - although the note about it being closed off sucks.

If there are any Calvert vets here, let me know if there are other locations you would like to share with me (I would love you forever) or any details I should know about these localities. Thanks in advance - and may all your sediments be bountiful!

If you go by car you will have to pay at Brownies and Matoaka Cottages. Brownies stops charging at Labor Day weekend. Matoaka charges a small fee all year round.

I cannot comment on the third, I have not personally been there

Which of the three listed on MGS is the best? Or should I try and hit them all? Any place I can walk around the coast a bit without issues?

• 5 weeks later...
anthracite31

Hi Mattalic. My daughter and I might head down there this weekend to the museum. We went to the state park there, but didn't have enough time to scout other locations. Unless we come across some new info we'll probably head back to the park again after the museum. Good luck in your search.