Okay, If I'm Wrong Again I'm Going To Stop Looking For Bone. Fossilized Bone?

claire01

I'm not anything close to an expert so I couldn't tell you if it is or not. I will say don't give up.

I know but I also know how frustrating it can be not finding what you are really wanting to find.

I'm no expert in bone fossils, but this has some crystalline structure in the top lift. I have found agate here that has small 'bird feet imprints', it's just the nature of formation. But, in case I'm wrong, I always have a plate ready for a large helping of crow.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

I'm sure I'm flaunting my ignorance (again), but is that a yes or a no CH4ShotCaller? lol

I'm sure I'm flaunting my ignorance (again), but is that a yes or a no CH4ShotCaller? lol

:D Claire, you're just open about your learning process.... Keep asking the questions if something looks different from the other rocks. :)

I'm not seeing Cretaceous bone characteristics in these images. It would help you to see examples in the the collections of our north Texas members, SMU, or one of the local museums. I think you already have a good idea what fish bone looks like, but seeing other kinds will help. ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Aargghh! Okay, that's it. No more going out and looking specifically for bone. Back to just finding what I find-which is so much more enjoyable. Thanks everyone for having a look, and thanks also for your patience!

I'd have to give it a no in the fossil category. But, as JohnJ mentioned, keep asking and looking. You're in a great state for a huge variety of fossils!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif