New Unseen-Before Mongolian Dino Eggs

-Andy-

Hi all.

A new type of dinosaur egg just went online recently, and is being sold at a rather startling price of multiple thousands.

Question is, are these genuine dinosaur eggs?

If so, or if not, what could they be?

They come from Negmegt Valley, Bugin tsav.

EDIT: These are 4.5 - 5cm each.

post-4888-0-82570000-1405604312_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-82530000-1405604314_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-82184600-1405604315_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-84932300-1405604316_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-69904700-1405604317_thumb.jpg

Edited by -Andy-

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

What size are they?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I tracked the listings down. He will remain nameless, but the seller is, shall we say, beyond ethical constraints. :angry:

<a one time TFF member, banned for his business practices>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Sorry for the lack of a size description.

These ones are 4.5 - 5 cm each.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

In case everyone is being too circumspect, Andy, it is almost 100% certain that these fossil eggs have been obtained illegally.

Rich

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

In case everyone is being too circumspect, Andy, it is almost 100% certain that these fossil eggs have been obtained illegally.

Rich

Indeed, exporting fossils from Mongolia is against the law in Mongolia. Good people outside of Mongolia should really avoid buying these. This goes for China, Brazil, Niger and numerous other countries.