Need Some Help Id The Following...

Kirsch

If anyone could help me out identifying the following I'd really appreciate it a lot...

The coral is a little bit crystallized - petrified, I found it in a beach near Cabo San Lucas, Baja California, Mexico

The black polished fossil, was a gift, and there is not a clue of information

The shells are from the coast of Portugal, and the fossilized snail I found it near Zacatecas, Mexico

The Sedimentary Rock, I can't remember where I got it...so maybe because of the different colors and shape someone has a clue...

Thanks again....

post-15856-0-21874900-1406303600_thumb.jpg

post-15856-0-94879700-1406303600_thumb.jpg

post-15856-0-36763600-1406303601_thumb.jpg

post-15856-0-89288200-1406303601_thumb.jpg

The polished fossil you have is a nautiloid often sold as an 'orthoceras' from Morocco (Silurian) :) .

The 'snail' fossil looks like an ammonite.

Good luck with the other pieces!

Reese

Edited by ReeseF

Your one smaller seashell is a fragment of something larger and is so small and worn that I don't think it can be identified (I am not very familiar with Portuguese shells though). I think that the larger of the two fragments is a species of cockle shell, but in its condition it will be tough to identify further. Hopefully this helps a bit!

The first two photos are of Cenozoic coral the second photos are of Nautiloid Cephalopods but there is confusion over the ages from these fossils from Morocco. The border between the Devonian and Silurian is not well defined, What papers I have seen on this area is that it is these nautiloids are Devonian and there are numerous genus, the most common is Geisonoceras. The next photo has a Ammonite Cephalopod that would be from the Mesozoic. The other material may just be either trace fossils or rocks.

• I found this Informative 1

Coral in the first two, Straight Cephalopod looks like Orthoceras, Ammonite with the sea shells....don't know about the last one.

Thanks for your help in advance.