Predators Of The Cretaceous Seas Teeth Set

-Andy-

Just got back from Wyoming and only now saw this. Amazing job! That's the kind of display others should aim for.

• 2 months later...

AMAZING! I'm inspired to try something similar. :envy:

If you show them a transitional, they'll ask for two more. ;)

WOW!!!! I Really Love those labels!!!! It is so hard to find good pics of the different creatures. I would love to do this with the different sharks from the Western Interior Seaway but pretty sure I'd never find the pics for it.

Andy may I make one suggestion maybe for the next one. I certainly am not in anyway criticizing this beautiful display. I use text labels in my rikers. I also know how difficult it is to get them to all set right in those cases. You Did a Great job laying those out!!!!

I've found that using the thicker photo paper is easier to deal with & really make them pop. Your labels really are as cool as the fossils. I'm sure with those pictures they would look even more Awesome if that is possible!!! Just a thought.

Keep up the Great Work am looking forward to your next display, Mike

Edited by Vball

Wow! An incredible collection. Makes me think twice about swimming in Cretaceous waters.

That made me laugh Jeff, :)

And was a good excuse to look at this really well displayed collection again

• 2 months later...

I never get tired of seeing this frame! I'm wanting to do one similar but I have to admit, its a job in itself trying to find one good picture of these animals much less more than one! Awesome job...as I know a lot of time was spent getting to look like this!

I never get tired of seeing this frame! I'm wanting to do one similar but I have to admit, its a job in itself trying to find one good picture of these animals much less more than one! Awesome job...as I know a lot of time was spent getting to look like this!

Hi Mtskinner, you can start by searching here for images > http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Many of the photos are under the public domain, so you can freely use them as long as its not for profit purposes or any nefarious reasons.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Still_human said:

Beautiful! Out of curiosity though, why the pterosaur?

He's a fish-eater who hunts from the sea. So he counts as a marine predator.

It's the Elosuchus tooth I gotta remove, since I just found out he's a river predator.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Ahhhhhhh, makes perfect sense:) what about deinosuchus? Are those marine predators? once again, that's a beautiful work of art you've got there! 

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

7 hours ago, Still_human said:

Ahhhhhhh, makes perfect sense:) what about deinosuchus? Are those marine predators? once again, that's a beautiful work of art you've got there! 

Yes, Deinosuchus hunted in a wide range of habitats, including the sea. I appreciate the kind words.

On 7/17/2018 at 10:53 PM, -Andy- said:

It's the Elosuchus tooth I gotta remove, since I just found out he's a river predator.

What are you going to replace it with?

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

2 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

What are you going to replace it with?

An authentic marine crocodile like Machimosaurus. Still sourcing for one.

I am also on the look-out for a Goulmima polycotylidae tooth, commonly sold as a pliosaur.