Washington Coast Site

CH4ShotCaller

With only days left at my regular sites before they close, decided to take a break and search some new sites today outside the exclusion zones. Hit the coast early this morning and found some bone and an Aturia Angustata. Nothing else, but I'm happy to be on the fossil trail again. Plus, I think I got 'Fossil Elbow' from swinging that sledge hammer for several days. My neighbor, pre med student, advised me that 'a cold one' should be prescribed. :P

Fossil bone, probably whale.

post-7395-0-15694100-1406686249_thumb.jpg

post-7395-0-42486000-1406686308_thumb.jpg

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Aturia Angustata:

post-7395-0-28349600-1406686395_thumb.jpg

-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Did a wee bit of prep on the Aturia. Discovered it's only a segment. This still gives me satisfaction that I can continue collecting even though my favorite sites will be closed in just hours. Haven't found any crab concretions yet, but I'm close. One door gets closed and another has opened.

post-7395-0-32016300-1406750391_thumb.jpg

-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

That's the spirit! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

To the motivated go the spoils.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Good luck in your quest for new areas, I really feel for folks being put in that position. It will be rewarding when you find new and unhunted spots and it will happen! :fistbump:

Edited by jcbshark

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Thanks everyone! The hunt for new sites is fun and eventually will pay off. A little bit extra for gas, but I like mapping out new areas and trekking through the woods. I'll down load and post a pic of some deer tracks that have fresh cougar tracks on top. A reminder to never forget my 'little friend".

-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Good to hear sir.

Watch out, he's going vertebrate!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

• 1 year later...

I am in South West Washington State, and kind of new to this was wondering if someone could point me to any good spots I don't care what I find just want to get outside with a goal in mind, would appreciate any help I could get

Hey dude. Only a piece of an Arturia. Been there done that too. If we didn't enjoy this we would not bother, being that there is sooooooooo much wasted time involved. But like you, its a great way to waste time. Good luck hunting

RB