Is This A Reputable Keichousaurus Hui Dealer In Hong Kong?

cfi

Hello All,

I want to buy my husband a nice gift for his birthday, and I think that he would really like a fossil. He used to collect them as a child, so Im sure he would really like one, but he is not a collector nor does he have any now.

I have been looking a bit online, and i would like some kind of reptile/dinosaur. From what I can see the Keichousaurus hui fossils seem to be the one that "looks" most like a dinosaur (im sorry if i am using ridiculous terms!). I like the idea of having a whole item rather than a tooth, or a bone etc. I also like the idea of something we can frame/hang.

So I have a few questions:-

Would a Keichousaurus hui be a good option? Do you have any other suggestions?

I have read here about fossils being illegal to take out of china, so im wondering as I live in Hong Kong, is it more likely they will be genuine here?

I have found a store here, would you please have a look at the specimins on offer and tell me if you think they are genuine or not. Is there any particularly good ones I should buy? I have to say that the shop/people look genuine, it seems they exhibit at the science museum here and run courses, but I am a novice so I have no real idea.

http://www.fossilshk.com/reptiles_amphibians2.html

Many Thanks

Tilly.

I am not very familiar with Keichousaurs fossils, but I will say the ones on his website does look real.

Also FossilsHK is a reputable seller, so he should be trustworthy.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Archived