Show Warning

old dead things

In the past I have invited members of the Fossil Forum to visit with us at the various gem, rock, mineral and fossil shows where we have tables at shows around the United States. In the past five years or so only four members have identified themselves at the 25 plus shows we have done (and I immensely enjoyed visiting with each of them).

So I decided that this time I will try some reverse psychology and warn all of you to stay away from the Northwest Federation Mineral Society show to be held in Hermiston, Oregon at the convention center August 15-17, the first two days from 10-6 and the last day 10-4. There are several things that could happen if you attend.

Remember you have been warned. :D

1. Not only will you HAVE to look at the great rocks, fossils, jewelry and other items of Old Dead Things, but other dealers are there with great products too and you might be tempted to purchase some of these specimens. :P

2. If you come to Old Dead Things tables you will be tempted and most likely will discuss fossils and rocks, trade information, ooh and aah and other such disgusting things. :o

3. And because you have identified yourself as a forum member you might have to get your picture taken with me for future posting on the Fossil Forum. :)

4. And because you are a forum member I would have to most likely give you a great deal on Old Dead Things products. :blush:

5. You might become infected with the desire to attend future fossil and rock shows. :blink: AND LASTLY,

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TO ATTEND THIS SHOW :hearty-laugh:

You have been warned.......

Jim

Old Dead Things

...must...book...tickets...now...

I really wish I could, Jim! Maybe I could cover costs by setting up a table and selling TFF memberships!

(Oh, wait...never mind, they're free...)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

LOL! I would certainly go if it was a show close to us!!! The DOUBLE DOG DARE would have clenched it for me. Well, that and the opportunity to meet yet another fabulous forum member... The fossils and rocks sound very enticing as well... haha. :D. Looking forward to seeing pics! :)

BEWARE: Jim is a very nice gentleman who you will thoroughly enjoy chatting with and he is offering wonderful fossils that you will want to own!

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

May I add that "Mrs. Old dead things" is also a very nice person who you will enjoy chatting with as well! They also have other things besides fossils that a spouse who isn't interested in fossils would enjoy buying.

Ramo

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

I continue with the WARNING............Old Dead Things is hitting the road this morning and heading West, so gather up the kids and dogs and stay as far away as possible, we would hate to see anyone get too excited about attending the show in Hermiston, Oregon. :o :o :o

Guess all the fossil forum members near Hermiston took me seriously. :o You all in the area are missing a great rock, fossil, and mineral show. One day left......Sunday and I still have a camera and some great bargains for forum members. :drool:

Jim

• 2 months later...

Don't EVER come to the east coast because I may purchase your entire inventory and attempt to pawn off my own (terrible) findings upon you.

Heh, heh... lets see if THAT works.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Guess I've been warned :P :P :P Unfortunately, most of the shows we've done in an easterly direction have not been successful enough for a return visit, but we did the show in Bloomington, Indiana for seven years (2000 to 2006) and are considering a return visit. We are looking for new shows in 2015 so let us know if something might be available.

Thanks, Jim

Archived