-Andy-

On 9/20/2020 at 6:38 AM, -Andy- said:

Moroccan_Spino_Big_1.thumb.jpg.a92db750930696e6046cce93969fa85a.jpg

Spinosaurus rooted tooth

S. aegyptiacus

99.7 - 94.3 mya | late Cretaceous

Kem Kem Beds

Taouz, Southeast Morocco

Comment: I've posted this tooth before in its rough state. I recently prepped it again.

seen it some minutes ago for the first time. Great tooth, we have had really a lot of the Spinos and Carcharos..., but one in this condition with nearly full root is fantastic, rare find

Edited by rocket

On 10/14/2022 at 4:23 PM, -Andy- said:

327331922_Reptile_Marine_KemKem_Leptocleidid(1).thumb.jpg.caabfc530dba85cfa8193897e05146d2.jpg

Plesiosaur tooth

Leptocleididae indet.

98 - 92.5 mya | late Cretaceous

Kem Kem Beds

Taouz, Southeast Morocco

That's an awesome specimen, Andy! I could do with adding one of these of this quality to my collection myself ;)

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

A happy acquisition! I have wanted one of these guys for a very long time. Was fortunate enough to secure it from a fellow Singaporean

Reptile_Aquatic_Mesosaurus_1.thumb.jpg.9f05ec75415a663e04e3bba4e5ea5bfc.jpg

Mesosaurus
M. tenuidens
278.4 - 270 mya | early Permian
Irati Formation
São Paulo, Brazil

On 10/14/2022 at 10:42 PM, Troodon said:

Nice adds congrats.  A lot easier to manage than that mosasaur

Indeed! I am still having a hard time planning the cabinet even with my interior designer's help

On 10/14/2022 at 10:59 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Yes, there have been some very nice additions since I last saw this thread. :)

Amazing 

Thank you! I have been lucky to acquire some excellent pieces

On 10/15/2022 at 6:54 AM, rocket said:

I love the Hyphalosaurus, really nice addition! Collection grows and grows :tiphat:

I love it too! I missed out on excellent ones years ago so I snapped this one up the moment I saw it

On 10/15/2022 at 6:57 AM, rocket said:

seen it some minutes ago for the first time. Great tooth, we have had really a lot of the Spinos and Carcharos..., but one in this condition with nearly full root is fantastic, rare find

I acquired this one years ago when it was rough and covered in sand. Took a full day to slowly scrap away the sand to expose this beautiful tooth

On 10/16/2022 at 4:37 AM, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

That's an awesome specimen, Andy! I could do with adding one of these of this quality to my collection myself ;)

Thanks! These ones are not terrifyingly rare. I found it online mislabeled as a Spino tooth. You could find one like that too

• Enjoyed 3

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

14 minutes ago, -Andy- said:

Thanks! These ones are not terrifyingly rare. I found it online mislabeled as a Spino tooth. You could find one like that too

Hmm... Might need to start doing that then, though I generally don't really monitor spinosaur teeth too much any more these days. And my experience finding these particular teeth has been quite different in that I find they can be mislabelled as anything really... @Runner64 found one mislabelled as a pterosaur tooth, for example, whereas I got one of mine when it was identified as Zarafasaura oceanis. But if you've bumped into them more than once, may be spinosaur would indeed be a good place to look for further samples, especially since yours is of excellent quality! :notworthy:

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

37 minutes ago, -Andy- said:

A happy acquisition! I have wanted one of these guys for a very long time. Was fortunate enough to secure it from a fellow Singaporean

Reptile_Aquatic_Mesosaurus_1.thumb.jpg.9f05ec75415a663e04e3bba4e5ea5bfc.jpg

Mesosaurus
M. tenuidens
278.4 - 270 mya | early Permian
Irati Formation
São Paulo, Brazil

Beautiful specimen, by the way!