The Fossil Cache Of A Singapore Collector

-Andy-

Hello everyone.

It's been a number of years since I started collecting, and I must offer my sincerest thanks to this forum for ever being so helpful and supportive, to the traders for the amazing exchanges, and to the mods for making this such a pleasant place to stay.

Allow me to present some of my fossil collections. I hope you guys will enjoy them as much as I. I shall update this thread over the months as I continually photograph and update my specimens.

post-4888-0-62506400-1407766239_thumb.jpg

Overview of my primary fossil cabinet

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

post-4888-0-22875400-1407766348_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-34064100-1407766349_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Giving paleo presentations and talks with other TFF members

post-4888-0-28858400-1407766386_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-58062900-1407766389_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-42394000-1407766387_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-25755600-1407766500_thumb.jpg

Carnivores collection

post-4888-0-49721600-1407766501_thumb.jpg

Predators of the Cretaceous Seas (this took me over 3 years to collect)

• I found this Informative 3

post-4888-0-51014200-1407766552_thumb.jpg

Whitby Collections

post-4888-0-76965000-1407766553_thumb.jpg

Two Chinese fish, one of which is the rare L. muroii

post-4888-0-17414600-1407766615_thumb.jpg

Borealosuchus sternbergii jaw from Baker, Montana

post-4888-0-25717900-1407766616_thumb.jpg

Tethysaurus nopscai jaw from Asflain, Morocco

An outstanding group of diverse pieces, very attractively presented. Congratulations.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

post-4888-0-72374700-1407766693_thumb.jpg

Mantis Shrimp (Sculda syriaca) from the Sannine Limestone formation

post-4888-0-39456700-1407766698_thumb.jpg

5.1" megalodon tooth as a Birthday-gift trade from another member here (Han. T)

post-4888-0-33780900-1407766829_thumb.jpg

Eons-prepped Segnosaur egg from Henan province of China

post-4888-0-70204000-1407766830_thumb.jpg

Partial Titanosaur egg from Argentina

I recognize a few of those things ;) That's a very nice collection you got going there- love those display boxes!

A wonderful collection!!!

I just started with a few ammonites. Could you please take another photo of the ammonite box?

Edited by cta1025

Yours must be one of the best collections in Singapore!

We are proud that you are a TFF member :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Yours must be one of the best collections in Singapore!

We are proud that you are a TFF member :)

You are making me blush Auspex!

There are other TFF members (they don't post much) from Singapore who have much better collections.

I am glad to be a member of this forum.

I don't think I've ever seen a better collection. You have managed to get some excellent fossils, and you've made sure to make a great display aswell.

So, in short, awesome! :)

Kudos to you on your paleo presentations in your country. :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

You have an impressive collection--I am :envy: over the Segnosaur egg!

May I ask what the third piece in the right center wood-framed case is? There is an L. davidii and a Jianghanichthys on the top, then there is a "fat" fish labelled Lycoptera beneath it--the piece looks very interesting.

Reese

You have an impressive collection--I am :envy: over the Segnosaur egg!

May I ask what the third piece in the right center wood-framed case is? There is an L. davidii and a Jianghanichthys on the top, then there is a "fat" fish labelled Lycoptera beneath it--the piece looks very interesting.

Reese

Good eye!

It is an adult Lycoptera muroii.

Beautiful collection Andy. I can see a lot of time and money has been invested. Having such a large collection of rarities i wonder if you've had these insured (like others do with jewelry)?

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

post-4888-0-73549300-1408033195_thumb.jpg

Spider-Cricket ancestor.

Beautiful collection Andy. I can see a lot of time and money has been invested. Having such a large collection of rarities i wonder if you've had these insured (like others do with jewelry)?

No. But I won't rule out that idea.

post-4888-0-82118100-1408033236_thumb.jpg

Ammolite (Placenticeras meeki)

post-4888-0-98046400-1408033237_thumb.jpg

Arnioceras semicostatum