The Fossil Cache Of A Singapore Collector

-Andy-

Very impressive collection, although I and others I'm sure are doubting the bladed weapons section can truly be considered fossils due to the later age of sediments in which they were unearthed. But we'll let it slide for now, lol.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Very impressive collection, although I and others I'm sure are doubting the bladed weapons section can truly be considered fossils due to the later age of sediments in which they were unearthed. But we'll let it slide for now, lol.

The bladed weapons are there to protect my precious fossils!

• I found this Informative 3

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

A great collection with lots of passion, resources and effort to acquire all those for sure. I especially like how you display them in a very museum-like manner with cataloguing and grouping of specimens that will undoubtedly be very useful when you share them in your educational lectures and activities - it shows pride as a collector and contributor to the field of paleo passion for budding paleontologist and geologist for sure. Well done :)

I myself display my fossils and geological collection pretty close to my weapons collection and needless to say, most visitors would find my room very scary (dead things and weapons are typically viewed as bad bad mojo for Asian!). Sometimes I have had people asked why I keep my Indian Tomahawk close to my fossils cabinet and I would answer jokingly that it's exclusively for chopping the brain of any would-be robbers hahaha :P

That is an awesome collection you have there! Thanks for sharing :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Amazing collection! :D What are these ammonites? I've never seen any with those cool stripes. :)

post-15455-0-23445300-1408247336_thumb.jpg

-Lyall

Thank you for the kind comments everyone!

Yes Plai, my collection's changed abit since you last visited. I hope you can come by again soon.

Amazing collection! :D What are these ammonites? I've never seen any with those cool stripes. :)

The one on the left is a Cymatoceras Nautilus. The one on the right is a Psuedosonneratia sp.

And yes, they have very cool stripes!

post-4888-0-01721100-1408369373_thumb.jpg

Anomoepus footprint from Granby

post-4888-0-13499500-1408369374_thumb.jpg

Bird tracks from Green River formation

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

post-4888-0-15751000-1408369457_thumb.jpg

Softshell Turtle with bite marks (Anosteira maomingensis)

post-4888-0-28178900-1408369458_thumb.jpg

Sea Scorpion (Eurypterus lacustris)

• I found this Informative 3

Hello, Mr. Andy. I'm Gatra from Indonesia. I could see you are an advanced collector. Lucky you having amazing collections. :)

As a beginner, I am still astonished by the petrified wood. I see one of yours on the photo coming from Madagascar. It's wonderful. :)

Hey, Andy, I am a little late to this party, but I wanted to tell you what a very nice collection you have there. Well-displayed, well-labeled, and very diverse...nicely done!

Looking good my friend, keep it up.

Good to see a well displayed collection void of fabrication, enhancement etc.

You have a great eye for detail.

...and a great eye for natural beauty; you choose well :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

post-4888-0-30140800-1409242875_thumb.jpg

Dactylioceras commune mortality plate from Holzmaden, Germany.

post-4888-0-30864600-1409242876_thumb.jpg

Ruby ammonite (Cleoniceras besairei) from Madagascar

Andy

Your collection gets an A+++

Great fossils. Love the book as well!

Hello Seth, glad you could view my fossils up-close. Happy to hear you like the book!

I hope to view your collection one day too.

post-4888-0-23118700-1409242982_thumb.jpg

Dino bone slice from Utah.

post-4888-0-06121300-1409242981_thumb.jpg

Baltic amber with spider from Poland.

• 2 months later...

Mysterious egg from China. It comes either from Henan, Guangdong or Jiangxi Province of China.

post-4888-0-56350200-1416742130_thumb.jpg

It's definitely not a Segnosaur egg though, because I've got one to compare it with. The pores are smaller, the eggshell is far thinner, and its oversize is larger.

Triceratops frill from the Hell Creek formation

post-4888-0-94607200-1416742386_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-06224700-1416742391_thumb.jpg

Awesome Collection! I particularly love the cretaceous predator riker set!

Mike

If you show them a transitional, they'll ask for two more. ;)

post-4888-0-95040100-1417594576_thumb.jpg

Grallator cursorius from Connecticut River Valley

post-4888-0-25763000-1417594580_thumb.jpg

Ribs of two marine predators

post-4888-0-25610800-1417595239_thumb.jpg

Diplodocus metacarpal from Morrison Formation, Emery County, Utah

post-4888-0-07483400-1417595243_thumb.jpg

Thalassina emerii from Sangiran, Java

• I found this Informative 1

post-4888-0-35005200-1417595668_thumb.jpg

post-4888-0-55642800-1417595673_thumb.jpg

Partial Saltasaurus egg from Auca Mahuevo

• Enjoyed 1

post-4888-0-08490300-1417882410_thumb.jpg

Cleoniceras besairei from Madagascar