My Son Found A Dandy Of A Tooth

greel

Spent Saturday in the creek with my son and some friends. I didn't find much, but my son found a great white in perfect condition. I told

him I would post it here for folks to enjoy. Be careful getting too close to your monitor - these serrations could reach out and cut you!

-greel

post-102-1234205561_thumb.jpg

post-102-1234205581_thumb.jpg

post-102-1234205607_thumb.jpg

Classic, and not a hair out of place! :drool:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Spent Saturday in the creek with my son and some friends. I didn't find much, but my son found a great white in perfect condition. I told

him I would post it here for folks to enjoy. Be careful getting too close to your monitor - these serrations could reach out and cut you!

-greel

As good as it gets - what a great find for anyone but really special for a young collector :):)

Nice tooth. Congrats! Is that tooth dark greenish in color?

My poor photography skills do no justice at all to this fine tooth. I may try to retake a couple pics later.

The color is a light brown - kind of like a shiny piece of whole wheat bread. The labial side is dotted with

white spots near the middle of the tooth. Not his largest great white, but his best to date. He found it in the

third sift of his box, only 5 minutes into the dig. I dug like a maniac all day to find just a decent great white,

but didn't. It made his weekend to out-do the old man! I was very happy for him.

-greel

wow. i mean, i can think of funny stuff to say, but no point in detracting from perhaps the best tooth i've seen since i last looked in the mirror and smiled.

that's a very, very specially nice tooth. tell your kiddo some old guy in texas is extremely jealous, but happy for him anyway.

Oh wow that is a sweet tooth! good find little one.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Hi George,

Great to see you. How are things in TX?

Awesome!!! I love it here, wish I could find Megs here though, only itty bitty teeth usually under 1/2'', 1'' if it's your lucky day.

Archived