Pcs Roll Call

Hogtownfossil

Just got my date for the spring at Aurora, March 29th; a Sunday(not so good), but the 5th weekend (not too shabby). Anyone else got that weekend?

Guest bmorefossil
Just got my date for the spring at Aurora, March 29th; a Sunday(not so good), but the 5th weekend (not too shabby). Anyone else got that weekend?

May 3rd here, which is not bad because my birthday is April 18th

Guest N.AL.hunter

I have not heard back yet?? Hope that is not a bad sign!! I was one of the ones who got cancelled last fall. Hope to hear soon or I'll now start panicking.

I would love to go but how does someone get a date to go?

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

I would love to go but how does someone get a date to go?

Here's some info, from elasmo.com:

January 8, 2009

Spring Season

Curtis Ormond of PCS Public Affairs wrote: Just received official word on the Spring Season; I will start accepting requests on January 15 at midnight. We will make every attempt to include the folks that got canceled in the fall; plans are to bring them in first. They are working on building a new ramp and we will train our guides and helpers next month. We hope the season is good for everyone and appreciate your understanding when we had to stop last fall.

Curtis will take email requests only. Please contact him at cormond@pcsphosphate.com to reserve a date for your group.

The same rules as in previous seasons will apply: Steel-toed footwear and hard hats are required. All visitors must be 18+, show a photo ID and sign a Waiver of Liability Release. Shorts and sleeveless shirts are not allowed and plenty of water needed. Collectors will meet at (7:00 am) the parking lot across from the PCS Main Gate (from Highway 33 in Aurora, NC take Highway 306 N. for 6 miles).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
Me too :shades:

I guess it's pretty hot there in May. This will be my first trip there ever.

man! you are one week off as well, would have been great to see you there.

Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder if they allow horse trading of these slots...

Is there an advantage of going earlier in the season? Or, is it like the places where we collect where on any given day it can be good?

Kevin Wilson

Guest bmorefossil
Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder if they allow horse trading of these slots...

Is there an advantage of going earlier in the season? Or, is it like the places where we collect where on any given day it can be good?

well here is the thing, some people think that going earlier is better others dont, everyone wants to be the first one in the mind and find a tooth just sitting there, but weather plays a big role and also luck, something may look like a rock to one person and the next person it may look like a root lobe to a 6" meg. Im just happy that I will be going.

...I wonder if they allow horse trading of these slots...

You could get a pretty penny for it on Ebay.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
Heck, I wouldn't sell the slots because I'd like to make sure I still have a chance to get in :)

I'm stoked!

lol yea i think only crazy people would do it

I'll be there March 29 as well. Can't wait! I'm playing around ok peace river for now, doing Ok

I've got my customized hard hat, so you can't miss me! Where you going to be staying, Nettuno?

I have not heard back yet?? Hope that is not a bad sign!! I was one of the ones who got cancelled last fall. Hope to hear soon or I'll now start panicking.

I feel your pain NAL. I got cancelled in the Fall as well. I didn't get to apply for a slot until Jan 20 (computer issues) and on top of that my email has changed since the fall. When I sent my email, I let Curtis know what my old email was and that it had changed and that I was one of the ones who got cancelled, but combined with being late with the request, it has really got me nervous.

Jack