Dinosaur Fossil Find

ridgerd22511

It is easy to be 'led' by a preconceived idea and suggestive shapes in a rock.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

After work today. I will do my best to reply to all questions. Thank you.

Thank you. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Please give me a list of materials that can be molded or carved. Also has a dusting of pyrite "silver and gold " flakes. Also magnetic.

Please give me a list of materials that can be molded or carved. Also has a dusting of pyrite "silver and gold " flakes. Also magnetic.

To what purpose? Such a list is impractical to figuring out the objects you've found.

LOL. It would be easier to list what can't be carved. 1. gases 2. liquids.

edit: oops, forgot plasma :)

Edited by BobWill

Read the exrays

Learn what fossils look like when exrayed

They glow white. They all have the same density as Dino fossils have

Why they still have soft tissue, skin eyes,,scales extra

The coloring comes from volcanic eruptions. Magnetics are made from heating iron to liquid

Dinosaurs had two percent iron in their blood stream

The iron was heated to a liquid point. There is you're reason for the color and the magnetic theory.

You guys have the patience of saints. Seriously. Have fun.

Cole~

Knowledge has three degrees-opinion, science, illumination. The means or instrument of the first is sense; of the second, dialectic; of the third, intuition.

Plotinus 204 or 205 C.E., Egyptian Philosopher

Read the exrays

The coloring comes from volcanic eruptions. Magnetics are made from heating iron to liquid

The iron was heated to a liquid point. There is you're reason for the color and the magnetic theory.

:( i give up. This is purely just entertainment now. Read a book.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Keith, you are approaching this from the wrong end. You've decided what you want these things to be and you are looking for ways to prove it instead of looking at what you have, in the context you found it, and logically trying to identify them.

Jpc, has already responded to you as someone who has seen a lot of x-rayed fossils. I've also asked you to read THIS TOPIC a couple of times because it also deals with x-rayed objects. Have you? Ramo has suggested a likely scenario that involves highly oxidized clumps of metal.

You have asked for assistance because this is not your field of expertise. You are not an expert at interpreting x-rayed fossils. However, you appear to have dismissed the experience of people that have spent decades studying fossils and geology. What's wrong with that picture? Our members have pointed out the true fossils you have found; the other pieces are rocks or non-fossil objects. You may have emotionally invested in declarations of what you think these things are to those around you; but, it's not worth persisting in unrealistic ideas that you've found a dinosaur skull and eggs in the Northern Neck of Virginia. Run your finds up to the Calvert Marine Museum or the Smithsonian and let us know what they tell you.

Read the exrays

You still have not answered many questions.

You have put forth even more scientific inacuracies above, nothing you've stated is even remotely correct...

You have ignored scientific reasoning from experienced members both armature and professional, and you continue on with your mis-led interpretation disregarding everything but your own incorrect assumptions.

You have been met here with nothing but politeness and a willingness to observe the given specimens and provide information, which you clearly have no interest in.

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

I have ben to Calvert with confirmed mammoth teeth,megs and a shovel elephant tusk. He said my heads were fake and if he thought they were real he would exray them

He didn't I did. snarge shame the egos trump history

Call him and see what he was looking for in the exrays

He dropped the ball 90pwrcent of your help has called me fake or fraud. What a shame

Thanks for the good people in the forum

that is all.

He dropped the ball 90pwrcent of your help has called me fake or fraud. What a shame

No, people have given good reasoning as to why they are not dinosaur fossils...

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

I have ben to Calvert with confirmed mammoth teeth,megs and a shovel elephant tusk. He said my heads were fake and if he thought they were real he would exray them

He didn't I did. Snarge shame the egos trump history

Call him and see what he was looking for in the exrays

Thanks for the good people in the forum

that is all.

You don't learn anything by continuing to "beg the question". You have to ask yourself, if someone sought your expert opinion in your business, then rejected it for all the wrong reasons...what would you think? If everyone here is conspiring to give you bad information, then it's probably best that you seek your answers elsewhere.

I x-ray my rock climbing equipment when needed and the x-ray "glows white" and I know for a fact that it is not a fossil.

I think this thread is over and can be locked now.

If you are so convinced of something, after having been shown solid, logical, scientifically sound reasons that it simply cannot be, that you resort to charges of conspiracy, then we cannot provide the help you need.

All I can say is that we tried our best, but there is no point in belaboring this.

We wish you well in all your future endeavors.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Have we not seen this situation several times in the past? User posts something asking our opinion, several very knowledgable people chime in with the same answers, user does not beleive the answers..... User usualy ends up getting banned..... Just saying.

Kind of being a bad sport here by saying IBTL, but this was an interesting thread (psychologically if nothing else) that once more goes to show that people will believe what they want to believe regardless of what the evidence may show. I must say it was entertaining at very least, and kudos on everyone handling this situation with about as much tact and patience as could be expected.

Edited by Regg Cato

Interesting thread indeed, and now it seems ridged has given up on us. His loss. I would just like to say that from a museum professional's point of view, we get these guys coming in to the museum every now and then. They are even more 'entertaining' in person. There was the guy from Utah who drove all the way to Casper to argue for his finds after all the paleo types in Utah told him he did NOT have a Precambrian sea monster. Google " Zoria" a serious adventure in eye-rolling mayhem.