Fossil Hunting In A Guys Garage!

RJB

People have always told me that one of the best place to hunt for fossils is my garage. Ha! Anyways, a few months ago I ran into a guy who started hunting for fossils way back in 1953! I went there today. Took me 6 1/2 hours to drive there and back, but,,, I gots me 6 more unprepped lobster concretions! WooooooHooooooo!!! He told me that he thinks he found them in the late 50's or early 60's. Wow!!! anyways these are all mine! Im just about the happiest camper on the planet right now! Here is a pic of them on my tailgate. Just looking at them makes me drool!!!

RB

post-171-0-23689200-1409003328_thumb.jpg

Hey Jace. Updates may be a few years. Im trying to stockpile a bunch of good stuff to prep out later in my life.

RB

Hey Jace. Updates may be a few years. Im trying to stockpile a bunch of good stuff to prep out later in my life.

RB

RB, don't wait too long - otherwise you will have to tell someone in the future (may be in the year 2030?): Got this stuff in 2014 from a guy who found them in the late 50's or early 60's. Wanted to prep them out later in my life, but never managed to do so...

If I look at all the unprepped stuff I hoard in my cellar I am getting sick...

Thomas

Edited by oilshale

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Thanks guys. If I didn't have so much to do in the 'building' area, I would have a ton more time to prep. Right now I do most of my prep in the wintertime when it gets too cold and too much snow to do much building. Plus, I don't mind hoarding these kinds of fossils.

RB

Thanks guys. If I didn't have so much to do in the 'building' area, I would have a ton more time to prep. Right now I do most of my prep in the wintertime when it gets too cold and too much snow to do much building. Plus, I don't mind hoarding these kinds of fossils.

RB

Don't forget about me RJB lol Edited by DLB

Kind of ironic that getting them from a guy who found them in the 50's or 60's makes them seem old........

Hey DLB, with these most likely the last ones I will ever get, it will cost someone a small fortune to pry one of these out of my hands. Of all the fossils, the lobsters are my most favorite of all time!!!

RB

Hey DLB, with these most likely the last ones I will ever get, it will cost someone a small fortune to pry one of these out of my hands. Of all the fossils, the lobsters are my most favorite of all time!!!

RB

I know how u feel. That's how I feel like about the ones I have prepared. They are deffenantly my fav!

That's what I was thinking. The years go by so quickly these days.

I'm not sure I've seen a lobster from one of those crab sites.

RB, don't wait too long - otherwise you will have to tell someone in the future (may be in the year 2030?): Got this stuff in 2014 from a guy who found them in the late 50's or early 60's. Wanted to prep them out later in my life, but never managed to do so...

If I look at all the unprepped stuff I hoard in my cellar I am getting sick...
Thomas

That's what I was thinking. The years go by so quickly these days.

I'm not sure I've seen a lobster from one of those crab sites.

That's because they don't come from the crab sites they are from a different state other than WA