Eoraptor Full Sized Skeleton

TyrannosaurusRex

I finally am going to tell you guys. Over the last couple weeks I have been working on sculpting a full sized skeleton of a Eoraptor. I started with a block of foam and cut out all the pieces. Then i put all the pieces together after covering most of them with plaster of paris. While maybe not as big of a project as what Koss is doing with the Trex skull this definitely presented its own unique challenges especially with the tiny arms. It will be a dark chocolate color. This is what position it is in.

post-13624-0-52599500-1409344169_thumb.jpg

I dont want to put a picture of it on here until its completely finished. Im going to put on a wooden platform but i dont want it to be just a simple board of wood. Any suggestions?

This sounds good! You should post progress pictures. I think I bit off more than I can chew with my rex skull. It's not going as well as I would have liked, but it is going about as well I expected. I think I can still pull it off to a reasonable standard. It's been a good learning curve.

You should stand it on a polished wooden base. Even bits of scrap wood can be finished to look expensive. Then maybe get a small brass plaque engraved? Can't wait to see it.

Honestly I think your T. rex skull looks great so far. Mine looked HORRIBLE when I started.

Yes I know it isn't Eoraptor I was just using it to decide what position to put the skeleton in.

Honestly I think your T. rex skull looks great so far. Mine looked HORRIBLE when I started.

Thank you. When you're handling it, it is a bit of a mess. But it's the first time I've done anything like this. It's a lot of fun though, don't you agree? I'm going to keep doing it. I've got enough foam left over to do another large project if I want. I think I'll do a full size raptor skull next. Or maybe a fleshed out model.

It is lots of fun! I'm going to do a prehistoric landscape with dinosaurs in it . Maybe.

For real feedback, I'd email Darren Naish (eotyrannus [at] gmail.com) who is currently studying Eotyrannus. Bobby

Edit: got Eoraptor mixed up with Eotyrannus.

Edited by Boesse

Good heavens! That's terrific!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Good heavens! That's terrific!

Thank you so much Auspex! This is my first foam carving project. I will probably make another in the near future.