Selling Fossils

BelemnitesNJ

Hello,

I own over 1,000 belemnites fossils that I found in New Jersey. I have been trying to sell them, but I don't know how. Do any of you know of anyone who would buy them or do you have any tips for selling them? I heard there are shows that I can go to but I don't really have time to go to any of them. Any ideas?

post-16348-0-54362600-1409443573_thumb.jpg

Make an eBay account. And use clearer images.

I have an eBay account already, they don't seem to sell off of that.

There is also a sales forum here, but it is reserved for members who have established themselves. So I don't think you have many options.

my take is that certain fossils (high grade megs, dino and proboscidean matl, trilos, etc) sell fast, but common fossils move much more slowly. the fossil market is quirky, and patience is a good asset.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

my take is that certain fossils (high grade megs, dino and proboscidean matl, trilos, etc) sell fast, but common fossils move much more slowly. the fossil market is quirky, and patience is a good asset.

Exactly. Not much of a market for belemnites.

Exactly. Not much of a market for belemnites.

I agree. At least for me I can easily collect hundreds of these a day if I wanted to. I don't beleive there is much of a market for belemnites unfortunately.

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

Unfortunately the fact that they don't sell well on e-bay shows there isn't much of a market for them.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

If you sold them all in one auction, maybe some fossil dealers would be interested in buying them for kits and stuff.

Saw your ad on ebay. To be honest I wouldn't shell out that much money for a large quantity. But I would consider purchasing less for like a third of the original price.

Give them away to children interested in fossils.

That's what I do with inexpensive self found fossils.

Give them away to children interested in fossils.

That's what I do with inexpensive self found fossils.

I agree. Contact a school science teacher but be sure to provide the collecting information.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

National fossil day is rapidly approaching. Or find a local gem/mineral/fossil show and set up a table.

Saw your ad on ebay. To be honest I wouldn't shell out that much money for a large quantity. But I would consider purchasing less for like a third of the original price.

So you would purchase some if I sold less at a time?

Belemnites are just not a high-demand, high-value fossil.

I have wondered why the 'jewelry wrappers' have not done more with them; you could maybe explore this angle.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Archived