What Is This :-)

Snowflake

I'm not seeing anything that appears to be a fossil but you should wait for somebody more qualified than me to come around and take a look.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

I'm not seeing anything that appears to be a fossil but you should wait for somebody more qualified than me to come around and take a look.

look at the new picture ..and thanks...

If you are asking about the specimen itself, there isn't much information given but just based on its overall appearance it may be quartz or quartzite that is iron stained. (Regarding the little red spot - that confuses me. How were those first two photos taken as the spot does not show up in red like that in the third photo? Were they taken perhaps using ultra violet light with the red spot fluorescing?. I kind of doubt that as it would normally provide a blue cast to the non-fluorescing portion.)

The first couple of photos look like it has been airbrushed to look like a dinosaur head. I tend to have a vivid imagination!

The first couple of photos look like it has been airbrushed to look like a dinosaur head. I tend to have a vivid imagination!

i did the 2 first pictures in black and white.....nothing els...i just made a corlor for that i thath was and eye.....

If you are asking about the specimen itself, there isn't much information given but just based on its overall appearance it may be quartz or quartzite that is iron stained. (Regarding the little red spot - that confuses me. How were those first two photos taken as the spot does not show up in red like that in the third photo? Were they taken perhaps using ultra violet light with the red spot fluorescing?. I kind of doubt that as it would normally provide a blue cast to the non-fluorescing portion.)

i diddent do enything to the pictures, besides changing the corlors of the 2 first pictures...photoed them in diffent ankels.......

am just lost here ...dont know enything about this.... therefor am here :-) with the pro guys...just thath it was a wird looking thing :-)

It can be very hard to see the same details from a photo that you can see holding it in hand. Can you tell us what form you are seeing that made you think it could be a fossil to help us focus on whatever you are suggesting?

i did the 2 first pictures in black and white.....nothing els...i just made a corlor for that i thath was and eye.....

This seems to say that you think it could be a 'fossil head' of some kind; please rest assured that it is simply a suggestively shaped rock. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'm thinking chert too, but I see a whiteish (branching coral? bryazoa ?) impression in the right-center of the rock.(color pic 3 post 2) Also possible evidence in the "fissure" in the pointed end close-up. Am I alone in this? Welcome Snoflake. John

I'm thinking chert too, but I see a whiteish (branching coral? bryazoa ?) impression in the right-center of the rock.(color pic 3 post 2) Also possible evidence in the "fissure" in the pointed end close-up. Am I alone in this? Welcome Snoflake. John

I agree with you on "(branching coral? bryazoa ?) impression in the right-center of the rock.(color pic 3 post 2)".

good eye catching the bryozoan piece.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Archived