Getting Back Too My Favorite Thing

micropterus101

Been awhile since I have posted but there wasnt much to post about unless you all like to hear about how **it happens. Anyways I have been getting back out to my favorite siltstone exposures in the Lincoln creek formation among others in WA state. Havent been taking to many pics yet but they'll be coming. Today I did quite well on concretions bearing Portunties Triangulum crabs and Arturia angustata. among them I found these Barnacles on a concretion that I believe millions of years ago was exposed in the tidal zone. Also in this concretion are piddocks about .5 inches long but there really tough to expose without breaking.

oldbarnacles.jpg

Welcome back Jason!

Some of you "low three-digit" member's tales are what coaxed me into joining the Forum :)

I look forward to your posts.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey dude. It really is good to see you here again, but I think I will be seeing you in about 2 or 3 months. Cant wait. But talk about balanus. When in New Zealand, my buddy found a multiple specimen all about 1 and 1/2 inces in highth and all cleaned up nicely by the ocean. I know most folks dont care for these, but I have always like them. here are some whale balanus and a very very huge barnacle that dwarfs a beer can. I wish I had a pic of my my big triple, its quite nice.

RB

post-171-1234488570_thumb.jpg

post-171-1234488684_thumb.jpg

Hey dude. It really is good to see you here again, but I think I will be seeing you in about 2 or 3 months. Cant wait. But talk about balanus. When in New Zealand, my buddy found a multiple specimen all about 1 and 1/2 inces in highth and all cleaned up nicely by the ocean. I know most folks dont care for these, but I have always like them. here are some whale balanus and a very very huge barnacle that dwarfs a beer can. I wish I had a pic of my my big triple, its quite nice.

RB

That are the biggest Balanus i have ever seen. :faint: