Calvert Cliffs Weekend: Got Beat By A Girl :)

mkrofdrms

This weekend my dear friend Alicia and I headed to the Cliffs, it was a lesson for sure, Saturday low tide wasn't low at all and navigating the treacherous walls was a beast, so bad my friend stayed behind and I tried to go but the high water and waves made impossible to find anything, east wind always makes things harder, after that brief stop we headed to Flags but same story, we found small stuff but that's it, Sunday we thought it will be the same but weather said west wind in the morning, my buddy Alicia texted in at night and said did you see the wind, I said yeah, sharp minds think alike, so we ended going back this morning, Sunday and we had a great day, I found a couple of things, but Alicia put a beat on me, she found a gorgeous Chub 2.8 inches, plus a squalodon and well you will see the pics of her best vs my best, yes hard to admit, I got beat by a girl, at the end of my trip I sued one of her favorite things to say after our hunts, "I hate you" ..great day we persevered and my buddy conquered the cliffs. I'm proud of her. Enjoy the picspost-14117-0-45005000-1411345843_thumb.jpgpost-14117-0-38022200-1411345852_thumb.jpg

Good stuff!

That's one of the best factors of our hobby, the best finds are sometimes under our noses and not on a cliff that you have to dangle from. And the fact that the fossil Gods don't discriminate. ;)

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

The teeth and fossils at the Cliffs are in great variety and quality, but often finding them in the surf is so difficult. Glad you had a productive hunt and shared with the rest of us!

I had a great day out there in June Hunting with my friend Rob.

post-4709-0-15629000-1411537059_thumb.jpg

"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is Silver."

Archived