Sign in to follow this  
DD1991

Neogene Cetacea Of The Lee Creek Mine

DD1991

Hi,

I am currently writing the manuscript of a field guide to fossil cetaceans, but does anyone have a PDF of the following paper that you can send to me:

Whitmore and Kaltenbach, 2008. Neogene Cetacea of the Lee Creek Mine, North Carolina. pp. 181-269. In: Ray, Bohaska, Koretsky, Ward, and Barnes (eds.), Geology and Palaeontology of the Lee Creek Mine, North Carolina, IV. Virginia Museum of Natural History Special Publication 14.

Edited by DD1991

siteseer

You should try emailing the authors and ask them directly. Otherwise, I would just buy the whole volume. That is not the only article on fossil whales in it and it's on sale:

http://www.vmnh.net/products/cats/id/58/special-publications

Hi,

I am currently writing the manuscript of a field guide to fossil cetaceans, but does anyone have a PDF of the following paper that you can send to me:

Whitmore and Kaltenbach, 2008. Neogene Cetacea of the Lee Creek Mine, North Carolina. pp. 181-269. In: Ray, Bohaska, Koretsky, Ward, and Barnes (eds.), Geology and Palaeontology of the Lee Creek Mine, North Carolina, IV. Virginia Museum of Natural History Special Publication 14.

Boesse

Frank Whitmore passed away in 2012. I don't have a pdf of Whitmore and Kaltenbach, but I'd recommend buying a physical copy (which I've done) from the VMNH. It's worth it.

Also, I have a rather large pdf library regarding fossil marine mammals, so feel free to contact me should you need any other publications. I'd suggest adding in other marine mammals as well; I take it your proposed field guide would be east coast-focused?

KYAL

$37.45 from the Florida Paleontological Society.

DD1991
On 9/28/2014 at 11:37 PM, Boesse said:

Frank Whitmore passed away in 2012. I don't have a pdf of Whitmore and Kaltenbach, but I'd recommend buying a physical copy (which I've done) from the VMNH. It's worth it.

Also, I have a rather large pdf library regarding fossil marine mammals, so feel free to contact me should you need any other publications. I'd suggest adding in other marine mammals as well; I take it your proposed field guide would be east coast-focused?

I can't afford a physical copy of the paper from the VMNH (Whitmore has been dead for eight years), but I'll be happy to see excerpts from the paper regarding the original descriptions of Lagenorhynchus harmatuki, Stenella rayi, Gricetoides, Aprixokogia, and Kentriodon schneideri, assuming you had the financial capacity to buy a copy of the volume containing the contribution by Whitmore and Kaltenbach 2008. This will help me with my manuscript of a field guide to extinct cetaceans. 

Boesse

So I actually do have an extremely crumby pdf of Whitmore and Kaltenbach. I did not 6 years ago! PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

DD1991
On 1/13/2020 at 4:55 PM, Boesse said:

So I actually do have an extremely crumby pdf of Whitmore and Kaltenbach. I did not 6 years ago! PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

My email is vahedemirjian ( at ) cox.net

Coco

Hi,

I strongly advise against putting your clickable email on the internet. You will be invaded by spam! Robots are on the lookout for this kind of information...

You have to write : vahedemirjian @ cox.net

Coco

JohnJ
20 minutes ago, DD1991 said:

My email is vahedemirjian ( at ) cox.net

5 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hi,

I strongly advise against putting your clickable email on the internet. You will be invaded by spam! Robots are on the lookout for this kind of information...

You have to write : vahedemirjian @ cox.net

Coco

;) edited