Indian_money

I revisited a creek Tennessee that I had mildly glossed over in the past.

With more purpose this time I searched and found some of the most beautiful and large fossils I have encountered yet.

As a crinoid enthusiast I was overjoyed, and even more exciting was all of the OTHER marine fossils I found, expanding my appreciation of all kinds of fossilized beauty.

here are a few of my favorite examples and I may post more as I continue to photograph my finds.

post-16024-0-57654500-1412191027_thumb.jpg

post-16024-0-25091100-1412191031_thumb.jpg

Beautiful crinoids! They're in surprisingly good condition being found in a creek!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

They look like flashlight batteries!

Neat!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice! The next time you visit the site check out the bedrock thoroughly if you haven't already done that. Chances might be that you discover some articulated specimens.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Nice! The next time you visit the site check out the bedrock thoroughly if you haven't already done that. Chances might be that you discover some articulated specimens.

I don't have any experience with uncovering fossils from rock form. like I have no clue how to even start.

I don't have any experience with uncovering fossils from rock form. like I have no clue how to even start.

For a start, take a hammer and chisel along with you. Study the standing stone formation closely and maybe, just maybe, a crinoid crown with its stalk attached pops into sight. Wouldn't that be nice? Then you (or maybe your boyfriend) could try to chip it out. Learning about the formations and their layers and where exactly to look for what takes time and study, but first of all you just need to open your eyes a bit more and get a feel for things.

By the way, this is an archimedes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes_%28bryozoan%29

and these are examples of what could be taken for one:

post-2384-0-37099200-1412632772_thumb.jpg

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Being a guy who is enthralled by antiquity, I think the style of your jewelry goes well with the subject matter of the fossils. To push it even further, a black or corroded green patina on the wire would add to the antiquity effect. Think Roman, Gothic, Byzantine...

They look like flashlight batteries!

Neat!

You got me curious. Not quite as tall but definitely thicker than batteries lol

post-16024-0-36941100-1413308915_thumb.jpg

Neat brachiopods, too! :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Archived