fossilized6s

Here are a couple of shots for you Rockaholic. It's like a straight cut with a fibrous striated end that flares out a bit in the last 1-2mm. Hope this helps.

post-14584-0-98224800-1418877903_thumb.jpg

post-14584-0-57653100-1418877914_thumb.jpg

Edit: unfortunately, this isn't a complete specimen. Judging from the tapering of it it would have been about 30cm, give or take a few cm. I wish it was complete!

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Nice Charlie,

Here's the Horseshoe Crab I was telling you I got before. When I get a chance I'll have to post some more pics of some nice ones I have from the summer.

Not sure it its just me but these pit 2 nods are taking forever to crack. Are you tapping them with a hammer if they don't open by freezing? I've had to tap a few and ruined a few as well...

Joey

post-11488-0-27004100-1418908046_thumb.jpg

Nice example Joey. Thanks for sharing it. And yes, I've found pit 2 nodules the hardest nodules. They do eventually crack if there's a fossil inside, BUT it takes forever. From my hunts I've noticed that Braceville nods are the softest, then pit 11 nods, then pit 2 nods. Sometimes the difficulty of cracking pit 2 nods is that there are multiple layers of fossils and bits of pieces of flora littering the nods.

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG