What Ate What?

Another update.  Today we received the below e-mail final acceptance from the Editor in Chief from Lethaia:

"It is a pleasure to accept your manuscript entitled "Coprolites from shallow marine deposits of the Nanjemoy Formation, Lower Eocene of Virginia, USA"  for publication in Lethaia.

Please be aware that papers that exceed sixteen printed pages will be subject to page fees, in accordance with the Instructions for Authors.

Authors are no longer required to assign copyright in their paper. Instead, once accepted, authors will be required to assign the exclusive right to publish their paper to Blackwell Publishing. Assignment of the exclusive license is a condition of publication and papers will not be passed to the publisher for production unless exclusive licence has been assigned. (Papers subject to government or Crown copyright are exempt from this requirement.)

Thank you for your fine contribution.  On behalf of the Editors of Lethaia, we look forward to your continued contributions to the Journal.
"

So the paper will be in the Lethaia publishing queue after the authors (which I'm one) assign the exclusive right to publish the paper.  Also the paper is more than sixteen printed pages so there will be page fees that the authors have to pay.

Marco Sr.

• I found this Informative 2

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

Given the stature of Lethaia in the world of paleontology,that's an awesome achievement.

Plus: Lethaia publishes papes with the intent of significantly furthering the state of the art.

Your find(ing)s must have some special aspects that afford new paleobiological/paleoecologiclal insights

*bows deeply*

Congrats

• I found this Informative 1

20 hours ago, doushantuo said:

Given the stature of Lethaia in the world of paleontology,that's an awesome achievement.

Plus: Lethaia publishes papes with the intent of significantly furthering the state of the art.

Your find(ing)s must have some special aspects that afford new paleobiological/paleoecologiclal insights

*bows deeply*

Congrats

Thank you.  The number of coprolites that I donated, over 20,000, and their great preservation contributed to a very interesting and scientifically unique paper.

Marco Sr.

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

• 1 month later...

As an update, I just received an e-mail from Lethaia stating the following:  Your article Coprolites from shallow marine deposits of the Nanjemoy Formation, Lower Eocene of Virginia, USA in Lethaia has the following publication status: Published as Early View.  I was really surprised to see this with the Covid-19 virus closing a lot of businesses world-wide.

Below is a link.  Unfortunately it is not a free download.  Even as an author, I did not get a free download!

http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/let.12380

Marco Sr.

Congrats on the publication!

Hopefully, the other authors will make sure you get a copy of the PDF so you don't have to purchase one through the paywall.

Very cool!

Cheers.

-Ken