Mini Ammonite

Bekron

Went south to north side of Johnson County. Scouted out a few places. A couple we need to go back to soon. Our favorite find was this mini ammonite.

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

Got colder than we were prepared for so will go back one afternoon this week after a little research.

Pretty li'l thing; would make a nice tie-tac.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Went south to north side of Johnson County. Scouted out a few places. A couple we need to go back to soon. Our favorite find was this mini ammonite.

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

Got colder than we were prepared for so will go back one afternoon this week after a little research.

Great shot up close so that we can see the sutures.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Cool!!!

What else did you find there?

I will post a pic soon of the other things we found in hopes that someone can pinpoint what the formation is. I have it narrowed down to Duck Creek, Grayson or Weno. Maybe.

There was an oyster bed, medium sized turrilites, a new to me kind of echinoid, ... oh heck let me just go take a pic!

There were several rocks that were burgundy in color and you could chip off pieces that turned into a bright, fine textured, crimson colored chalk dust. I liked finding the dwarf ammonites and turrilites the best. Still no shark teeth, but I feel close!

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg