Looking For Fossil Matrix Seller/donor

ssp1116

Hello all,

I'm looking for a supplier of a lot of fossil matrix, similar to the Miocene Age fossil spoil matrix used by the Aurora Fossil Museum in North Carolina. I've been in touch with the phosphate mine that provides their spoil piles, but I'm having trouble renting a tri-axle dump truck (required by the mine's terms and conditions) that will drive from NC to Texas.

So, does anybody know of another source of fossil matrix? We use the matrix for children's programs (they dig through it looking for shark teeth and get to keep what they find), and we would love to get some more soon. Ideally, we are hoping to get a bunch, several gallons if possible. Do any of you have any ideas?

U-Dig fossil quarry in Utah sells matrix online and will ship it to you but it might be pricey depending on how many kids you are doing this for.

http://www.u-digfossils.com/shale.html

It's not going to be shark teeth and you will need tools but it's quite the experience.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Want dump truck full, will settle for a few gallons? I'm sure someone could provide you with that amount.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Archived