Tried Out A New Spot At Whiskey Bridge--woohoo! I Cleaned Up!

silverphoenix

My old lens was nice, but check out what I found in the new one!!!!! 15 teeth not including the 3 gallons of rich matrix I brought back for picking through. I also found another couple of squid beaks (I think I have 8 or 9 now), and a tons of conus and other goodies. I also got a nice 2" ray plate, but it's on the repair shelf right now in 5 pieces...I've had worse :D

CIMG3254.jpg

CIMG3252.jpg

CIMG3253.jpg

CIMG3250.jpg

last squid beak still under re-construction :D

Way to go slim.........looks like you are cleaning up there!

I've got the coordinates programmed into my new Garmin!

Just need to hit the GO button :rolleyes:

Silver you always find the cool stuff. I hunted Galveston and found a k9 tooth age ????????? Hope to posy a pic tonight

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Nice finds! Let me know if you decide to go tomorrow. You can let me dig in your new spot, and you can have my old one. ;)

What other avocation uses a tube of Super Glue for scale in a photo?

Way to sniff-out a new site!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Just no one take my spot if you know where it is because I really won't be happy about it--I'll have to make another post about why it's important for it to stay undisturbed by anyone else--seriously, this isn't a strict personal collecting venture like everyone else--all the vertebrate specimens I find are for study at Texas A&M's Paleobiology lab and I don't want the research info screwed up...there still is important information to be found, and even already discovered specimens from there are VERY poorly documented and need to be re-done/expounded on...

Everything else is fair game to everyone, so good luck :D

Good for you! Nice teeth

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

After your aggies put the hurt on my Longhorns last night in bball I drove out and hit the whole outcrop with a rototiller, then added some cretaceous and permian debris to salt the wound!!! :angry:

Then I pulled out about 2 dozen sweet 2" otodus teeth...

OK - just kiddin!

I'll help you trench the spot if you need help at some later date.

Once you're finished here we can send you off to Jacksboro!

Any idea who was trenching horizontally in the quat overburden layer that washed on top?

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

After your aggies put the hurt on my Longhorns last night in bball I drove out and hit the whole outcrop with a rototiller, then added some cretaceous and permian debris to salt the wound!!! :angry:

Then I pulled out about 2 dozen sweet 2" otodus teeth...

OK - just kiddin!

I'll help you trench the spot if you need help at some later date.

Once you're finished here we can send you off to Jacksboro!

Any idea who was trenching horizontally in the quat overburden layer that washed on top?

haha I think I have it down--have a specific system and all going, but I appreciate the offer. Really the hardest part is moving the trash dirt to get to the shell lense--makes digging slow.

What trenching? :mellow: