French Oligocene Eggshells

Cpt. Nemo

The typical lakeside bird Palaelodus, the close relation of flamingos and grebes, laid their eggs in nests installed on the banks of lakes shallow, even in floating nests. Eggshells fallen in the water were protected, with the rest of the small lakeside flora and fauna.

I look mainly of the vertebrate, and for trilobites. But I study any proposal of exchange.

1780616_1496462597279033_877335312657220

10624982_1496462700612356_67725068606762

Cpt. Nemo, please state the price offered to this Forum for specific specimens only. ;) Please do not advertise your facebook sales in these topics (per the rules).

For Trades (exchanges) you can post a topic in Trades forum. Thank you.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

• 2 months later...

Are they reserved with something? in your second picture a few look like shiny spots in a dull grey sea.

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Are they reserved with something? in your second picture a few look like shiny spots in a dull grey sea.

'preserved'? yes, I think so. I got some eggshells from Capt Nemo.... and they are indeed cool.

Archived